4 December 2009, hundreds of Filipinos at SM Mall of Asia at Pasay City witnessed the official Light-Up ceremony of the Hitachi Wish Tree.
Present that special night were Hitachi company chiefs, stakeholders, and key company employees. Nikki Gil, affair host, actress and singer kicked off the event with a beautiful Christmas carol. After a speech by Mr Takaaki Heishi, president of Hitachi Industrial Machinery Phil. Corp. and Chairman of Hitachi Kai, a special donation from the Hitachi Group of Companies was presented to the Philippines National Red Cross for the rehabilitation of victims of Typhoon Onday and Pepeng, cementing the image of the Christmas Tree as a beacon of hope for Filipinos.
Participating Hitachi Group companies
- Hitachi Asia Ltd.
- Babcock-Hitachi (Philippines) Inc.
- Clarion Manufacturing Corporation of the Philippines
- Hi-Eles Industrial Corporation
- Hitachi Air Conditioning Products Philippines Inc.
- Hitachi Cable Asia Ltd.- Philippine Branch
- Hitachi Cable Philippines, Inc.
- Hitachi Global Storage Technologies Philippines Corporation
- Hitachi High-Technologies Pte. Ltd.
- Hitachi Industrial Machinery Philippines Corporation
- Hitachi, Ltd.-Philippine Branch
- Hitachi Plant Technologies, Ltd.-Philippine Branch Office
- Hitachi Terminals Mechatronics Philippines Corporation
- Hitachi Via Asia Pte. Ltd. Philippine Branch
- Manila International Freight Forwarders, Inc.
- PHCP, Inc.
- PHCP Co., Ltd. Inc.
- Philippine Precision Technology, Inc.
- San Technology, Inc.
A symbol of hope and inspiration for the next generation, the Hitachi Wish Tree holds in its branches the wishes for the future.