CHÍNH SÁCH BẢO MẬT
Updated: December 2022
Hitachi Asia Ltd. – Philippine Branch Privacy Notice
This notice describes how Hitachi Asia Ltd. – Philippine Branch (“HAS”) processes your Personal Information, the types of Personal Information we process, the purposes for which we process that Personal Information, the other parties with whom we may share it and the measures we take to protect the security of the data. It also tells you about your rights with respect to your Personal Information, and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
Please note that this notice applies to the extent our processing of your Personal Information is subject to Philippines law, including the Data Privacy Act of 2012, its Implementing Rules and Regulations, and the issuances of the National Privacy Commission.
A. The type of Personal Information we may collect
“Personal Information” refers to any information, whether recorded in a material form or not, from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained by the entity holding the information, or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify an individual.
We may collect the following categories of Personal Information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts, and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
- Website usage and other similar information collected via automated means, such as cookies and similar technologies
- Job applications and related information when you apply for a job with us
- Business contact information when you work for one of our business partners
B. How we get the Personal Information and why we have it
Most of the Personal Information we process is provided to us directly by you or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us for one of the following reasons:
- To apply for a job with us.
- To submit queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback.
- To maintain a business relationship with us.
We also receive Personal Information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
With regard to the collection of Personal Information for business purposes, we may use your Personal Information to:
- perform obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested by you;
- respond to, handle, and process queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
- manage your relationship with us;
- comply with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority; and
- effect any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
With regard to the collection of Personal Information for recruitment purposes, we may use your Personal Information to:
- assess and evaluate your suitability for employment in any current or prospective position within the Hitachi organisation;
- verify your identity and the accuracy of your personal details and other information provided;
- perform administrative and human resources related tasks, including granting access to our premises and arranging interviews; and
- facilitate our compliance with any laws, customs and regulations which may be applicable to us.
Where required under the Data Privacy Act, we will only process your Personal Information with your consent; as necessary to fulfil our contracts with you; to comply with a legal obligation; or when there is a legitimate interest that necessitates the use of your Personal Information.
C. How we store your Personal Information
We store your Personal Information in secure servers and in physical files in locked cabinets.
D. How we share your Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information with:
- Our parent company and related companies and other Hitachi group companies
- Service providers acting on our behalf.
- Other entities as required under applicable law, or in the event of a sale or transfer of our business assets.
E. How we protect your Personal Information
We implement and maintain reasonable and appropriate technical, organizational, and physical security measures to protect your Personal Information and only retain it for a limited period of time.
F. How long we retain your Personal Information
We also take measures to delete your Personal Information or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when this information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it, unless we are required by law to keep this information for a longer period. When determining the retention period, we take into account various criteria, such as the type of products and services requested by or provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, possible re-enrolment with our products or services, the impact on the services we provide to you if we delete some information from or about you, mandatory retention periods provided by law and the statute of limitations.
G. How data is securely disposed and properly destroyed
Personal Information stored on paper records is shredded completely before disposal in an appropriate manner. Personal Information stored on electronic media is deleted in a permanent and complete manner.
H. Your rights as a data subject
Under the Data Privacy Act, you have rights including:
- Your right to be informed – you have the right to be informed whether Personal Information pertaining you shall be, are being, or have been processed, including the existence of automated decision-making and profiling.
- Your right to object – you have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information where such processing is based on consent or legitimate interest.
- Your right to access – you have the right to access information on the processing of your Personal Information.
- Your right to rectification – you have the right to dispute the inaccuracy or error in your Personal Information and have us correct the same within a reasonable period.
- Your right to erasure or blocking – you have the right to request for the suspension, withdrawal, blocking, removal, or destruction of your Personal Information from our systems.
- Your right to data portability – you have the right to obtain from us a copy of your Personal Information and/or have it transmitted from us to another, in an electronic or structured format that is commonly used and allows for your further use.
- Your right to damages – you have the right to be indemnified for any damages sustained due to inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained, or unauthorized use of your Personal Information, taking into account any violation of your rights and freedoms as a data subject.
- Your right to file a complaint – you have the right to file a complaint with the National Privacy Commission in case of a perceived violation of your rights as a data subject.
I. Contact details of Data Protection Officer and how you can exercise your rights
If you have any concern about our use of your Personal Information, or if you would like to exercise your rights as a data subject, you can contact our Data Protection Officer using the following contact information:
Ms. Elsa Vida
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Local contact number : 632 88869018
Local Extension number: 102
Address: Zuellig Building, Unit 8, 11th Floor, Makati Avenue, corner Paseo de Roxas, Makati, 1225, Philippines
You can also file a complaint with the National Privacy Commission in case you believe there has been a problem with respect to our use of your Personal Information.