Most of the Personal Information we process is provided to us directly by you or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us for one of the following reasons:
- To apply for a job with us.
- To submit queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback.
- To maintain a business relationship with us.
We also receive Personal Information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
With regard to the collection of Personal Information for business purposes, we may use your Personal Information to:
- perform obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested by you;
- respond to, handle, and process queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
- manage your relationship with us;
- comply with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority; and
- effect any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
With regard to the collection of Personal Information for recruitment purposes, we may use your Personal Information to:
- assess and evaluate your suitability for employment in any current or prospective position within the Hitachi organisation;
- verify your identity and the accuracy of your personal details and other information provided;
- perform administrative and human resources related tasks, including granting access to our premises and arranging interviews; and
- facilitate our compliance with any laws, customs and regulations which may be applicable to us.
Where required under the Data Privacy Act, we will only process your Personal Information with your consent; as necessary to fulfil our contracts with you; to comply with a legal obligation; or when there is a legitimate interest that necessitates the use of your Personal Information.