Themed ‘Illuminating Thailand 4.0’, the Hitachi Social Innovation Forum (HSIF) 2018 BANGKOK was held at The Athenee Hotel on 18th September 2018.
Aimed at contributing supporting the national push towards Thailand 4.0, Hitachi showcased digital solutions utilising the Internet of Things (IoT) platform, “Lumada”. The event featured Hitachi’s first Lumada Center established in the world, Lumada Center Southeast Asia (hereinafter “Lumada Center”), which was launched on 17 September at Amata City Chonburi Industrial Estate, along the Eastern Economic Corridor.
Through a series of speeches, presentation and panel discussion delivered by industry experts and Hitachi executives (listed below in order of the programme flow), guests gained a better understanding of how Hitachi can create new value through collaborative creation with stakeholders to collectively contribute to Thailand’s growth by utilising Hitachi’s Information Technology (IT) and Operational Technology (OT) as well as our range of products and systems.
- Mr. Kosuke Horiuchi, Managing Director, Hitachi Asia Ltd.
- Mr. Toshiaki Higashihara, President & CEO, Hitachi Ltd.
- Dr. Kanit Sangsubhan, Secretary General, Eastern Economic Corridor Office of Thailand (Representative of Dr. Somkid Jatusripitak, Deputy Prime Minister, The Kingdom of Thailand)
- Mr. Shiro Sadoshima, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Japan to the Kingdom of Thailand
- Mr. Chen Namchaisiri, Honorary Chairman, The Federation of Thai Industries
- Mr. Koji Tomita, Deputy Managing Director, Hitachi Asia Ltd.
- Dr. Passakorn Prathombutr, Senior Executive Vice President, Digital Economy Promotion Agency (depa)
- Dr. Chamaree Chuapetcharasopon, Healthcare Executive of C.P. Group and Executive Committee Member of Thai Medical Informatics Association (TMI)
- Ms Lena Ng, Chief Investment officer, AMATA Corporation Public Company Limited
- Mr. Andrew Hamilton, Global Client Partner, Hitachi Consulting
- Mr. Kojin Nakakita, Chairman of Hitachi Asia Ltd. and Hitachi India Pvt. Ltd.
- Mr. Yoshito Kodama, Managing Director, Hitachi Asia (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
To elaborate on Lumada Center, Mr. Koji Tomita, Deputy Managing Director of Hitachi Asia Ltd., delivered a presentation detailing how Lumada Center is a place for experiential co-creation, where customers are able to get a feel of how Hitachi’s IoT solutions can optimise their business operations and derive greater efficiencies. To welcome the start of the cocktail reception, Hitachi’s humanoid robot, EMIEW3, delivered an interlude and encouraged guests to walk through the open stage into the exhibition area to discover more about Hitachi’s digital solutions.
The exhibition area comprised several zones delving into Lumada Center, Smart Manufacturing, Smart Urban, Smart Home and Smart Medical. Guests were able to find out more about Hitachi’s holistic, end-to-end IoT solutions. Over 430 guests attended the event and exchanged pointers with key opinion leaders in the Thailand market, and developed a better understanding of Hitachi’s social innovation business.