Themed ‘Powering Good, Powering Thailand’, the Hitachi Social Innovation Forum (HSIF) 2020 BANGKOK was held at The Athenee Hotel on 6th February 2020. The event focused on Hitachi’s customized digital solutions in Smart Manufacturing, Smart Cities and Smart Finance.
Through exhibitions, presentations and a panel discussion delivered by industry experts and Hitachi executives (listed below in order of programme flow), the event shed light on how innovative digital solutions can play a greater part in our daily lives and effectively help us go a step further in achieving a better and happier society.
- Mr. Kosuke Horiuchi, Managing Director, Hitachi Asia Ltd.
- Mr. Toshiaki Higashihara, President & CEO, Hitachi, Ltd.
- Dr. Suvit Maesincee, Minister of Higher Education, Science, Research and Innovation of the Kingdom of Thailand
- Dr. Kazuya Nashida, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Japan to the Kingdom of Thailand
- Mr. Yoshito Kodama, Managing Director, Hitachi Asia (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
- Dr. Kazuo Yano, Fellow and Corporate Officer, Hitachi, Ltd.
- Dr. Chinawut Chinaprayoon, Executive Vice President, Digital Economy Promotion Agency
- Mr. Anthony Arundell, Senior Vice President, Head of Common Infrastructure, Sustainability & Smart City, Frasers Property Holdings (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
- Mr. Andrew Hamilton, GM APAC, Smart Digital Solutions Business Development Division, Hitachi Asia (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
- Mr. Kojin Nakakita, Vice President and Executive Officer in charge of Regional Strategies (APAC) Hitachi, Ltd., Chairman of Hitachi Asia Ltd., Chairman of Hitachi India Pvt. Ltd.
To illustrate how Hitachi aims to continue powering good and powering Thailand, various technologies and strengths in our Social Innovation Business were showcased through a range of exhibits. Hitachi’s ArtificiaI Intelligence (AI) expert, Dr. Kazuo Yano, also delved into the topic of how AI can support and help humans in the pursuit of happiness and how it can be applicable to different fields and in the business context.
More than 450 guests were able to learn more about how to optimize their processes in the manufacturing field and how digital solutions in smart cities and in urban development can help everyone lead better lives. Through the theme ‘Powering Good, Powering Thailand’, Hitachi reiterates our commitment in helping Thailand build a smarter and happier society.