Through a seminar and exhibition on Hitachi’s Social Innovation Business achievements across the global market, guests were able to learn more about design strategies to achieve a comfortable and sustainable urban community, technologies relating to smart factories, smart cities and smart grids, as well as improved levels of convenience arising from IoT.
Through speeches and presentations delivered by esteemed speakers (listed below in order of the programme flow), distinguished guests were inspired by the collaborative creation between Vietnam and Japan, as part of joint efforts to achieve higher standards of convenience and comfort to benefit the community in Vietnam, through the adoption of leading-edge digital technologies.
- Mr. Koichiro Sakai, Managing Director of Nikkei Business Publications, Inc.
- Mr. Nguyen Thanh Phuc, Director General of Authority of Information Technology Application, Ministry of Information and Communications
- Assoc. Prof. PhD. Arch. Luu Duc Cuong, Acting Director General of Vietnam Institute for Urban and Rural Planning (VIUP)
- Mr. Hiroyuki Shindo, Senior Consultant of Nikken Sekkei Research Institute
- Mr. Koichi Akahane, General Manager, Business Development Group, Hitachi Asia (Vietnam) Co., Ltd.
- Mr. Le My Phuc, Chief Operation Officer, Global CyberSoft (Vietnam) JSC – A Hitachi Consulting Company.
Designed through a collaboration between Nikkei BP Intelligence Group and Hitachi, this forum facilitated a constructive exchange for guests to expand their understanding on the formation and acceleration of a digital society. Specifically, this extended onto the domains of the Internet of Things (IoT), big data analysis, and artificial intelligence (AI)’s application in fields such as manufacturing, agriculture, civil engineering and construction, finance, medicine, and healthcare, as well as strategies to enhance the quality of people’s daily lives. Growth opportunities in the pursuit of materialising a smart city vision in Vietnam were also explored. A cocktail reception to conclude the event provided attendees an occasion to interact and network, facilitating fruitful discussions amongst key opinion leaders in the Vietnamese market.
Hitachi’s key technologies and strengths in the Social Innovation Business were also highlighted at the exhibition. Some of the key business fields showcased include Urban Development and Security.
Over 300 guests were able to develop a better understanding of Hitachi’s Social Innovation Business and better comprehend Hitachi’s continued endeavour in supporting Vietnam’s national push towards becoming a smart and sustainable economy.