Hitachi and MQDC Sign MoU to Develop Placemaking 5.0 Digital Masterplan to Transform Mixed-Use into 360⁰ Consumer Experiences
• Hitachi and MQDC sign MoU as part of Placemaking 5.0 transformation strategy masterplan for rollout across property portfolio
• Innovative range of digital solutions to improve consumer experiences, driving increased visits and dwell time, with first elements releasing in 2022 for placemaking at True Digital Park
• Long-term partnership will deploy new-to-Thailand digital technology solutions across MQDC property portfolio, including flagship project The Forestias and 5 more major upcoming landmark projects by MQDC
From left: Mr. Somsak Garnjanakarn, Executive Director and Chief Marketing Officer, Hitachi Asia (Thailand); Mr. Andrew Hamilton, General Manager – Smart Digital Solution Business Development (SDBD), Hitachi Asia (Thailand) & Head of SDBD Consulting Services ASEAN, Hitachi Asia; Mr. Kipsan Beck, President – Placemaking Business Unit, MQDC; Mr. Visit Malaisirirat, CEO, MQDC.
Thailand, 29th October 2021 – Leading global technology conglomerate Hitachi, through its Thai subsidiary, Hitachi Asia (Thailand) Co., Ltd. hereinafter referred to as “Hitachi”, joined hands with Magnolia Quality Development Corporation Limited (“MQDC”) by signing a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) as partners to create and implement the MQDC Placemaking 5.0 Digital Masterplan.
Leveraging technology to seamlessly provide relevant content, products, and services, MQDC Placemaking 5.0 aims to enhance physical malls and offices as integrated digital destinations, making places that bring communities together to visit and spend time. The Masterplan will launch all-new personalized and enhanced consumer experiences (CX) bridging online and offline, using business intelligence with omni-channel platforms to meet the new challenges of retail, office, and property management in a post COVID-19 environment. Hitachi and MQDC will bring leading retail and office innovation to MQDC’s landmark Thai property portfolio, commencing in 2022 at True Digital Park (TDPK), one of Thailand’s latest and largest mixed-use properties, a joint venture between MQDC and True Properties. Health, wellbeing, and happiness are also core to the future strategic co-creation innovations that will contribute to improved quality of life overall.
Hitachi’s technology solutions for MQDC Placemaking 5.0 include state-of-the-art infrastructure and CX digital solutions with highlights including:
• Stand-alone business operations – unmanned fully automated retail stores embedded with camera and POS technology to provide increased convenience and COVID safety, providing brand partners with new insights from consumer journey mapping and purchase data in real time;
• Augmented reality smart screens, applications, and online platforms – enabling shoppers to purchase anything, anytime, from anywhere;
• Highly personalized offers and content – improving the consumer experience through big data and analytics for TDPK members to customize cross-selling and up-selling relevant products and services;
• Tenant value-added services – new point of sale and last mile automated logistics delivery solutions, omni-channel solutions, and reduced operation costs, enhancing convenience for TDPK’s cashless solutions already in place;
• Shopper flow & sentiment analytics – utilizing facial recognition technology, cameras aid safety and security, while providing advanced demographics and mood analysis, linking the way people feel to events and activities, assisting operations and tenants to better meet the needs of the community and visitors.
Hitachi and MQDC teams will commence 5.0 initiatives at TDPK, one of Southeast Asia’s largest technology startup hubs set in Bangkok’s Punnawithi CyberTech District with more than 200,000 square meters of retail, residential, and office space already open, and an additional 80,000 square meters opening in 2022. Masterplan analytics will aid space planning, using big data to boost security, sustainability, and operational efficiency, as well as identifying and launching new revenue opportunities.
The MQDC Placemaking 5.0 Digital Masterplan will bring innovative CX to transform retail and office concepts in Thailand:
“We are excited to work with MQDC on this game-changing project for landmark mixed-use real estate properties including TDPK and The Forestias. Our partnership will help drive Thailand’s competitiveness, including deploying future-proof retail digital solutions across mega-scale Smart City transit-oriented developments in the Eastern Economic Corridor.” – Van Tang, Director, Head of Business Development, and International Partnerships – Smart Digital Solution Business Development (SDBD), Hitachi Asia (Thailand) Co., Ltd
“MQDC Placemaking 5.0 builds communities, providing online and offline destinations for consumers and workers to spend time, and where relevant products and services are at their fingertips whenever and wherever they want it. This partnership using Hitachi digital infrastructure will enable MQDC to first transform True Digital Park, enhancing the CX, support tenants and improve services and revenue platform. We plan to then roll out cutting edge technology solutions throughout our real estate portfolio including leading properties such as The Forestias – our flagship THB 125 billion (USD 4.1bn) mixed-use development completing in 2023.”– Kipsan Beck, President – Placemaking Business Unit, MQDC
In line with its vision, Hitachi has set long-term goals to utilize city and human data to create services which increase safety, comfort, and long-term sustainability across multiple sectors including retail sector CX as recognized in the MoU between Hitachi and MQDC aimed at improving quality of life for the people of Thailand.
MQDC was founded on the principle of “For All Well-Being”, and with the highly inclusive MQDC 5.0 Placemaking framework, both partners hope to harness the power of co-creation to drive digital innovation and create long-term sustainability in development, powering good for future generations.
About Hitachi Ltd.
Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501), headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, is focused on its Social Innovation Business that combines information technology (IT), operational technology (OT) and products. The company’s consolidated revenues for fiscal year 2019 (ended March 31, 2020) totaled 8,767.2 billion yen ($80.4 billion), and it employed approximately 301,000 people worldwide. Hitachi drives digital innovation across five sectors – Mobility, Smart Life, Industry, Energy and IT – through Lumada, Hitachi’s advanced digital solutions, services, and technologies for turning data into insights to drive digital innovation. Its purpose is to deliver solutions that increase social, environmental and economic value for its customers. For more information on Hitachi, please visit the company’s website at www.hitachi.com.
About Magnolia Quality Development Corporation Limited (MQDC)
Magnolia Quality Development Corporation Limited (MQDC) is a property developer that develops, invests in, and manages residential, community district, and ‘theme’ projects, including retail and hotels, with a corporate commitment to ‘For All Well-Being’.
MQDC brands include Magnolias, Whizdom, The Aspen Tree, Mulberry Grove, and The Forestias, catering for a range of healthy, sustainable lifestyles. Under its philosophy of ‘sustainnovation’ MQDC aims to lead its sector in sustainability.
MQDC supports the Research & Innovation for Sustainability Center (RISC), Asia’s first research base for sustainable building with a focus on well-being. The company has also set up FutureTales Lab, a futurology center to gather, analyze, and interpret data to find solutions for humankind’s future well-being. MQDC Placemaking develops and operates retail, office, and public realm property elements within the property portfolio, focusing on integrated large scale mixed-use developments.
MQDC is determined to operate with concern for all life on Earth, advancing this agenda through sustainable development for the wider benefit of society. For more information, visit www.mqdc.com.